The mission of our Backend Engineers is to build and maintain critical features that delight our customers and drive the business. As a Backend Engineer, you’ll partner closely with the product team to create the services that support the user experience and backend platform. Our services range from the build system for customer sites to the core ruby API, to the variety of Go microservices that we run. Our services span Go & Ruby, and often you’ll work across both languages to implement new features. The team ships changes several times a day so you’ll see the impact of your work quickly.
We're looking for team members with a strong background or interest in large scale systems with high throughput. Whether you’re a Ruby or Go developer, we want to hear from you! Our team works remotely across North America and European timezones.
What role do our Backend Engineers play at Netlify:
- Work on the core Ruby API & support Go microservices (Projects including Netlify Identity, Large Media, Analytics)
- Supporting the build systems used for customer sites
- Own features from code to production
- Design services for better observability, availability, and fault tolerance
- Work with support to address customer issues
- Work cross-functionally to scope, design, and implement services
Technologies you'll be exposed to at Netlify:
- Backend services built in Go and Ruby
- All services deployed in Kubernetes on Google Cloud
- Work with databases like MongoDB and MySQL
- Data pipelines built with Kafka, Zookeeper, Consul
We are looking for someone who:
- Solid proficiency in at least Go or Ruby on Rails at scale
- Experienced delivering product features
- Is curious and open to learning new technologies and best practices
- Thrives in a collaborative environment, working with others across multiple teams
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise, working in distributed locations.