In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Help architect the next stage of Wealthsimple’s systems
- Set organizational standards on patterns and library usage
- Join a team that has already gained momentum in growing Wealthsimple into one of the largest FinTech players in Canada
- Lead development and maintenance of backend services and improve their operations
We're looking for someone who:
- Has knowledge of agile development process and understands iterative development
- Has demonstrated effective communication and cross-team collaboration
- Relishes the opportunity to learn new skills and leverage the skills of those around them
- Is comfortable architecting services, but considers themselves a generalist
- Shares our passion for making financial services accessible for everyone
Skills we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building web applications using dynamic languages (Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails and/or NodeJS experience
- Demonstrated experience with micro-services and distributed systems at scale
- Proven track record of delivering well-designed and tested software
- Solid understanding of relational databases (SQL) and architecture best practices
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Experience with UI and UX is a plus!
Things you should know about our tech:
- We have a service-oriented architecture with over 100+ services
- Roughly half of these services are Ruby on Rails, with the other half being Java/Kotlin
- We host our services on Amazon Web Services and use things like RDS, Aurora, SQS, SNS, S3, Kafka, etc.
- We have amazing infrastructure & security teams
- We follow best practices and have great tools for profiling, logging, tracing, tracking and experimenting!
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.