Senior Software Engineer, Backend - Web Infrastructure
Published on September 01, 2023
Platform Engineering: The Platform Team at StackAdapt includes the Full-Stack Engineering, Product Management and Product Design Teams. These teams are responsible for designing and developing StackAdapt’s web platform which is where users can forecast, build and report on their campaigns and much more. It is also where StackAdapt’s internal teams use a wide variety of tools to manage customer accounts and help them get the most out of the product. The Creatives Library Team: The Creatives Library Team is building a full fledged library of dynamic creative assets and resources. This library will allow clients to store, host and manage bulk creative assets for ad campaigns on the platform. This library will also include creatives templates for clients to build quick off-the-shelf display ad creatives on the platform. We aim to reduce the need to integrate with expensive third party creative providers that charge on a CPM-basis, and provide a full-featured in-house solution. Watch our
- Design, improve, and debug complex, scalable distributed systems.
- Find solutions to optimize bottle-necks and general system wide performance. Always on the lookout to keep the tech stack updated with current standards.
- Write extensible scalable and test-driven code.Take part in technical planning and architectural decision-making.
- Collaborate with team members on designing scalable, well tested, and well documented web architecture, including APIs and backend systems.
- Be able to take responsibility and ownership of projects from start to finish.
- Contribute to code reviews and technical spec reviews.
- Have at least 5+ years of experience building scalable backend systems.
- Strong understanding of scalable system design for web-based APIs and backend processing systems.
- Strong problem solving skills in data structures, algorithms, and code optimization.
- Experience implementing alerting and monitoring systems to monitor overall system health and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience setting up different deployment strategies and database migration strategies for high availability services with 0 down time.
- Basic knowledge on AWS or other equivalent cloud platforms (GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Experience working with relational databases and key-value stores.
- Competitive salary + equity
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!