Founding Engineer, Rails
Remote - US
About the job
Great Question is looking for a talented Rails Engineer to help build and scale their research platform. We need a strong engineer with Ruby on Rails experience, who can ship core pieces of our infrastructure and own critical projects.
As an early stage startup, we move fast. We deploy code daily, we talk to our customers regularly, and we integrate their feedback quickly.
Joining an engineering team of three you’ll wear many hats, and play a pivotal role in growing our team and engineering culture.
This is a remote role, open to folks anywhere in the United States of America with full work rights.
- 5+ years Ruby on Rails experience.
- Highly proficient backend skills including automated testing.
- Experience designing performant REST APIs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile startup environment.
- Thrives remotely. Self-starter. Great communicator.
- A pragmatic approach towards solving complexities.
- Ships early and often.
Nice to have
- Experience working with PII
- Experience building enterprise SaaS
- Affinity towards design, UX, and UX Research
- Leadership experience at early-stage startups
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Ruby on Rails 6 / Postgres
- Typescript / JS / React / Tailwind / ProseMirror
- Heroku / S3 / GCP Speech to Text / Mux
- Stripe / Segment / Mixpanel / Vero / Alogolia / Datadog
What you'll do
- Build and maintain integrations with multiple partner APIs ( Zapier, G Suite, Slack, Salesforce, Zoom)
- Rearchitect & improve privacy solutions for customer PII
- Performance tuning of API endpoints and processes.
- Manage production infrastructure, monitoring, logging etc.
- Assess and implementing open source and third party vendor solutions.
- Improve test coverage, build out QA processes.
Apply for the job
Interested in joining the team? We'd love to hear about you!