Ruby on Rails Engineer (All Levels) - Full-time, 100% Remote
Remote - Anywhere
We are looking for the right Ruby on Rails developer (Angular is a bonus).
About the role:
This year, we have many exciting technology projects. If you love working with Ruby On Rails, modern frontends like Angular and participating in the success of the company, this job may be for you.
Our current stack:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails 6.1, Sidekiq 6 & Webpack 4
- Frontend: Angular 9 with Rxjs, Pug & Bootstrap 4
- Communication layer: GraphQL & Apollo
- Hosting: Heroku with Postgres & Redis
- Extra services: AWS for EC2 & Routes
Your initial responsibilities:
- In the initial weeks, you'll increase our code coverage by writing RSpec unit tests and make some small changes to the code to either fix problems or extend existing solutions.
- Suggest improvements in code you are unit-testing and promote good practices.
- Then, you'll move toward building small features & advancing on longer-term projects.
- Ultimately, you will be driving initiatives to support the business.
The role will evolve into more complex responsibilities based on your ability to write good, clean, and maintainable code as well as communicate & interact with the team.
What you bring:
- A truly deep love for your craft as a developer, a positive attitude, and a high dose of self-motivation + self-direction.
- Great analytical skills with a demonstrable ability to simplify complex things.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven understanding and concrete experience with Rails (personal or professional)
- Demonstrating that you actually read the job spec before applying by entering koala when asked what is your favorite animal.
- Experience with Angular & RxJS a big plus.
- Good command of Git (pull request, merge, rebase…)
What we offer:
- Work from anywhere you want as we are a remote-first company. Save couple thousand dollars a year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year.
- Solid engineering practices, we use branching and pull requests, apply scrum with weekly sprints, daily standups, velocity & retrospectives.
- You'll join a meritocracy, no-bs culture, no politics, only candid feedback to keep improving.
- A chance to step in and have a big impact on a growing SaaS company. You'll learn about the business side and get to know the financials as we practice open-book management.
- 1 team retreat per year in Japan for work and fun (disrupted by Covid at the moment, unfortunately).
- We focus on learning and personal/career growth ($100/mo budget for learning/books/courses)
If this sounds like a good fit, we'd love to hear from you!