Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Remote - US
- Help us maximize our uptime, reliability, performance, and security.
- Work with us to implement projects that range from backend to frontend and everything in between.
- Help us maintain and improve our codebase.
- Contribute to the growth and success of the best literary resource on the web.
- A high level of competency with Ruby, Rails, Postgres, Rspec, Capybara, React, jQuery, SCSS, and Haml.
- Experience with Git, Webpack, Heroku, and AWS.
- Experience building responsive frontends with a focus on cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Ability to work remotely as part of a small team as well as take ownership of projects with minimal oversight.
- A desire to continuously improve our stack and your own skill set.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to ask questions and receive feedback.
- Bonus points: A passion for and/or experience with education, education technology, and/or literature.
We’re committed to creating a supportive work environment that values each team member. Being part of LitCharts means:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Healthcare coverage
- 401k with matching
- Working remotely
- Flexible work schedule
- Yearly team meet ups (pandemic contingent, of course)
- Learning and professional development resources
We’re a small remote team, and the code you write will have a direct impact on our success. We work flexible hours but typically stick to 9am-5pm EST and are looking for someone able to do the same.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send the following by clicking apply below:
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Your public GitHub profile and/or a link to a recent project you’re excited about
- A brief explanation of the biggest opportunity for improvement--from a technical standpoint--that you see on our website
Please note: All applicants must be legally authorized to work full-time in the United States. Due to time constraints, we are unable to respond to inquiries from recruiters and from applicants not legally authorized to work full-time in the United States.