Senior Software Engineer
Remote - Canada
We are looking for a senior software engineer/architect to join our R&D team. You will be working with product managers and a distributed engineering team to design and develop a SaaS platform based on modern stack like ReactJS , Ruby on Rails and Python. Our SaaS Platform also includes an AI platform for NLP and Recommender systems.
We are looking for someone who is capable of learning new technologies and designing a high-performance scalable platform for our customers.
As the next PathFactory Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Scalable and performant full-stack application development on application stack: Ruby/Rails, Elixir, JS (ReactJS/Redux), Python, HTML, CSS
- Build new features that provide B2B marketers with the ability to create and author innovative and engaging experiences for their content
- Build systems to process data to be used to drive our content experience algorithms and provide actionable insights for our clients
- Work with our Product team to scope functionality for our current and future products
As the next PathFactory Senior Software Engineer, you need:
- 6+ years with a web framework (Ruby on Rails, Django, Express.js, etc...) and/or ReactJS
- Experience with database design and query optimization - MySQL preferred
- Experience with NoSQL database - MongoDB preferred
- Proficiency with relational databases
- Proficiency with GitHub and JIRA
Bonus points if you have
- Experience writing performant ActiveRecord code
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Marketing Automation Platforms (Eloqua, Marketo, etc.)
- Familiarity with the B2B marketing industry
- Experience with Docker and AWS ECS, AWS EKS
PathFactory is a remote-first company and will consider qualified applicants located anywhere in Canada.
Why is working for this leadership team a great career experience?
PathFactory CEO, Dev Ganesan, is the former CEO of ItemMaster, a product content management company and PathFactory customer that was acquired by Gladson (now Syndigo) in January 2019. Prior to ItemMaster, he led Fishbowl, Inc., a leading restaurant marketing and analytics company, and Aptara, a digital content and publishing leader. Ganesan has in-depth experience in building and scaling companies in the digital, mobile, content, and data analytics industries. He is the recipient of the Ernst & Young 2017 Entrepreneur-of-the-Year award, Future 50 award in 2014 and 2013, and was recognized as a Washington Tech Titan in 2013.
Why Work at PathFactory?
This is where we get to boast a little about why we’re awesome and why it would be awesome for you to work with us. PathFactory is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity. We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our company promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly and highly collaborative work environment. PathFactory’s leadership is transparent, approachable, and committed to the growth of each and every team member. Weekly all-hands meetings, company events and a quarterly Founders’ Award for the team member who best embodies our values – these are all cherries on top of the PathFactory cake!
- Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 2 days paid VTO (volunteer time off) every year to help impact your community
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Continuing Business Education through monthly “DevTalks” with global thought leaders
- Sales Tech galore! SFDC, Gong, SalesLoft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and more
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
If you believe you have the right stuff, apply below. Attach your resume and a short cover letter telling us why you are the right person for this job! We are marketers, not HR people, so feel free to let a bit of your personality come through.
PathFactory is an equal opportunity employer.
It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. PathFactory is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.