Full-Stack Software Engineer
Published on October 31, 2023
Knowde is the leading marketplace for ingredients, polymers, and chemistry. For the first time ever, R&D teams and buyers can search, learn, engage, sample, quote and purchase from every major producer on earth – all in one place. Knowde provides chemical producers the technology required to move online quickly and meet the new needs of customers who want a better online buying experience. Marketplaces have modernized major industries, and Knowde is bringing this same transformation to the chemical industry. Knowde is the only venture-capital backed chemical marketplace, trusted by industry-leading chemical producers across the globe. Knowde offers access to over 8,000 suppliers and 185,000 chemical products. We believe in the power of chemistry. We believe in the power of chemists. We strive to optimize your journey to market so that you can continue to innovate and make a rich global impact. We are a team of contrarians, groundbreakers, and pioneers. Join us in disrupting the largest industry on Earth. The Chemical Industry touches every aspect of your daily life. Yet, it is one of the few remaining industries that is offline. Raw material suppliers and their customers are the hidden innovators behind the end-products we rely on every day. Chemistry is used to make every physical good on earth, including the products we love from Tesla, Glossier, Apple, Nike, 3M and J&J. However, the largest and most impactful industry in the world is still doing business the same way it did 100 years ago. Until now. The industry is the building blocks of the entire world. 15,000+ suppliers provide every single ingredient, polymer and chemistry that make up every physical product in existence. Yet, the expansive world of chemistry had gone largely unorganized and remained inaccessible to many. The industry craved a single destination to efficiently conduct research, compare and purchase raw materials without the hassle of scouring thousands of websites, calling and emailing sales reps and attending costly in-person trade shows. Welcome to Knowde.
- As a small, remote team you’ll be empowered to work directly with leadership and the product team to make decisions about your code and the future of the product.
- Be a trailblazer by contributing to the build of a complex ecommerce marketplace, the first of its kind in the Chemicals space.
- Have a strong emphasis on shipping features quickly without sacrificing code quality.
- Own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- Emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
- Very good knowledge of Ruby language, Rails and React frameworks
- Great knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Ability to take tasks from requirements to deployment quickly and independently
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams
- Design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs
- High bar for quality and a phenomenal attention to detail
- Working knowledge of deployment process (Capistrano), user authentication and authorization (Devise)
- Ability to properly design and implement clear and scalable project structure
- Experience with test-driven development. Ability to create and maintain useful test suite.
- Languages: Ruby, React
- Databases: PostgreSQL / MySQL / MongoDB / Redis / S3
- Location: Rzeszów, Poland or remotely
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with a strong team of engineers
- Plenty of room to learn and grow your own career as the team scales out