Rails Developer - Backend
Remote - US
A Backend Rails Developer at Terakeet is responsible for building and evolving sophisticated Ruby on Rails applications that are used internally to manage a variety of business processes. Our proprietary systems are a major competitive advantage in our industry, and they are constantly growing to support new features and integrate with new technologies and 3rd party APIs.
- Involved in the entire development process from design to specification to implementation
- Build, design and code new features and enhancements for an in house proprietary application
- Participate in all aspects of project-life cycle
- Work in an entrepreneurial environment where your work has a direct impact on the success of the business.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years experience developing with web-scripting languages (such as Ruby, Python, PHP, or Java) in modern frameworks (Rails, Laravel, Django) including at least 1 year of professional Ruby/Rails development
- Experience designing, maintaining, and optimizing database applications: PostgreSQL preferred
- Knowledge of contemporary HTML, CSS, and JS best practices
- Familiarity with JS frontend frameworks: Vue.js preferred
- Experience coding in a UNIX environment
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Expert in Ruby/Rails development
- Experience using SOAP or REST web services
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Experience configuring and deploying LAMP web servers
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Experience contributing to projects in the open-source community
Terakeet provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.