Healthie offers infrastructure for next generation digital health organizations that provide virtual-first care. Our API-first and fully brandable suite of solutions - scheduling software, EMR, coaching tools, and client engagement that enables healthcare builders to launch and scale best-in-class experiences for their members. Our customers include prominent digital health companies that have raised $2B+ in venture capital and range from 5-person startups to multi-billion-dollar companies. In partnership with Healthie, they care for patients across the full spectrum — from preventative health & wellness to complex chronic care management, for millions of patients. Learn more about Healthie at: https://www.gethealthie.com/
The Full-Stack Engineer - Technical Customer Support will have a substantial impact on our mission. They will work behind the scenes as well as directly with clients on occasion, and they will have the opportunity to dive deep into the Healthie platform in order to investigate and resolve technical issues that arise. They will make a direct impact on how the customer experiences the functionality of the platform on a daily basis.
Our ideal hire believes in the value of delivering exceptional technical support experience and is eager to contribute to the success of our customers. As someone who is directly supporting current and prospective customers, your understanding of the product will be incredibly valuable.
Our stack includes Rails, React, Typescript, GraphQL, and HTML5/CSS. Some of the other technologies we use are PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, RSpec, and Capybara. We manage our support queue through Help Scout.
Our product team is always responsive to ideas and feedback from the engineering team. The two teams collaborate to produce a steady stream of well specified, reasonably scoped product changes that are a joy to implement and never result in redundant effort.
Our team is friendly, smart, and diverse. We maintain a collaborative and fun team culture at Healthie, and you’ll receive a lot of support for your role with growth potential along the way. We provide an education budget—your books and online courses will be reimbursed. We have a Career Development Program, by which engineers set goals for what technologies they want to learn and work toward them.
This is a full-time position
Must reside in the U.S.
- You'll become an expert in all areas of the product
- You'll work out of our main support queue, as our entire team does, to answer questions via e-mail and chat
- You'll help our team troubleshoot potential bugs, document feature requests, update FAQ articles, and escalate inquiries accordingly
- 1-3+ years of experience as a software engineer, or bootcamp graduate
- 1-2+ years of experience working on web applications
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
- Experience scripting in modern programming languages
- Experience working directly with customers (as a founder, support engineer, or similar)
- Prior experience working at a growing startup
Bonus: Familiarity with tech in our stack and data engineering tooling
- You are self-driven and take pride in ownership to achieve results
- You have a great attention to detail
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to explain complex technical issues in simple terms
- You see patterns and take initiative to bring work to completion. For example, if a customer inquires about an issue, in addition to answering the question, you share feedback with our product team, update our FAQ guide, and take other relevant action
- You're a problem solver who can dig deep, but know how to ask for help, to uncover solutions
- You have experience working in Support or Success at a growing startup
- You are passionate about support and why it's an integral part of company success
The salary for this role is up to $100,000 per year, DOE.
Healthie offers a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan with company matching, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including learning & development stipends, nutritional coaching, fitness membership budget, co-working subscriptions, a laptop plus equipment stipend, and Summer Fridays.
Healthie is committed to equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. We're proud to be building a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, and growth. Whatever your background, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.