Software Engineer, Corporate Accounts (Remote)
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions – a $300+ billion market in the US alone. ezCater is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille, and had an up-round in December of 2021 when we were valued at $1.6 billion.
ezCater is expanding its Engineering team and we are looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering real impact to the business.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
The Corporate Accounts team is building a new portal for companies to manage their relationship with ezCater. As a member of this team, you'll work on features that are critical to our highest value customers, such as employee provisioning, reporting, and invoicing.
What You'll Do:
- Join a team that is focused on delighting our customers and partners, executing the organization's mission, and propelling our business forward.
- Build products using Ruby on Rails, React and GraphQL
- Contribute to performance improvements and efficiencies - we believe speed is a feature and core skill.
- Respond to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products and identifying areas that would benefit from new initiatives.
- Decompose problems, design technical solutions and work with other talented engineers to implement, test, and evaluate your team’s work.
- Communicate with product managers, stakeholders and engineering teams to ensure mission clarity, and provide technical direction.
- Improve our user experience by increasing the capability and efficiency of our systems and products; based on research, data and metrics.
- Influence the team’s outcomes and direction by sharing ideas for improving the product, technology and/or process.
- Operate with scale and speed embracing new challenges and contributing to the development lifecycle.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
What You'll Have:
- 2+ years of professional web development experience, ideally using Ruby on Rails.
- Solid SQL / relational database experience (Postgres is what we use, but not required)
- A strong appetite for learning, experimentation, relentless curiosity and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better.
- A thirst for personal and professional growth.
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $119,000 - $144,000 per year*
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.