Staff Software Engineer, Stella Connect (Ruby)
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
This is an opportunity to improve the lives of people with really hard jobs: customer care employees. We understand the psychology of happiness and stress. We’re combining these principles with expertise in technology, product, and usability to create a revolutionary platform. You will be building and growing a system to make the jobs of front-line customer service employees fulfilling and developmental, even while working from home.
- We are seeking a Backend End developer to help us build and scale our platform that has tens of thousands of active users across hundreds of companies that are redefining customer service like Riot, Tinder and Second Life.
- You will solve challenging technical problems, own your products end-to-end and help take our SaaS platform to the next level.
- You will help increase the power and user experience of our apps.
- Ship great software that is scalable and robust and then keep it humming. Design, implement and drive the technical roadmap and product implementation; help the team prioritize and plan pragmatically.
- Work in small teams with like-minded engineers in an agile environment with daily standups, demo days, code reviews and research spikes.
- You will build on Medallia’s state-of-the-art core service infrastructure and platform.
- 5+ years of experience developing on a product team.
- Experience/knowledge in Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL.
- Ability to design complex single-page application architectures to solve new problems.
- Strong communication, ownership, and code quality
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.