Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Founded in 2013, Soothe has quickly become the largest and most popular mobile wellness provider in the world. Soothe has evolved into a highly-respected, tech-driven company with a mission to bring wellness to the world.
Some of the world’s most successful companies prioritize employee wellness as a part of their corporate benefits programs. Twitter, WeWork, Slack, Airbnb, Salesforce, and even sports teams like the Orlando Magic, NY Knicks, Florida Panthers and the San Jose Sharks, have seen how massage and wellness services from Soothe can enhance performance and productivity.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This individual will help build and maintain the Ruby platform that includes APIs for our iOS, Android and web-react applications (client and provider apps), complex matching algorithms, internal tools, and misc 3rd party integrations. This is a great opportunity to work with a small, high-performance engineering team and grow your technical skills on a large scale global application.
The ideal candidate will have a mastery of Ruby on Rails, databases and SQL, cloud infrastructure and services, web application systems architecture, and scaling strategies. Experience with a high traffic platform is preferred, and ideally in a startup environment.
- Develop and maintain our core Ruby platform
- Work in conjunction with Web, iOS, and Android engineers, product managers, and UI/UX designers to build new features
- Systems architecture and design for our cloud infrastructure
- 7+ years of web applications experience, with 3+ in a senior or technical lead level position
- 3+ years of Ruby development with a consumer-facing application
- Python and/or NodeJS knowledge is a plus
- Experience with API development
- Familiarity with building out CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with database design and maintenance (MySQL preferred)
- BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision that cover you, your dependents, and your spouse/domestic partner
- Annual Lifestyle Wellness Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Employer provided Short Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- 100% Remote Work Environment
- We encourage a healthy balance between work and personal life and offer unlimited PTO as well as complimentary massages