Senior Back-End Engineer
Higo is a smarter alternative to banks for how companies in Latin America manage their payables and receivables. Our mission is to become the best financial ally for business owners. We do this by allowing businesses to manage payments remotely, paying when and how they want, with more control and efficiency than ever before. We are a fast-growing team funded by Accel, Tiger Global, Homebrew, Susa Ventures, Haystack and other top VC investors committed to building the BEST User Experience for B2B payments.
We pride ourselves on building products people really love to use. Every member of the Higo team is passionate about developing their skills, delivering value to customers and bringing a unique perspective to our company. We love to work with curious people who are excited to grow and help others grow alongside them. If this sounds like you, we are eager to meet you.
How we work
We work in 2-5 person squads, with close collaboration across the stack and with design and product stakeholders. We assign projects to each team and expect our engineers to take part in the design process, as well as technical specification, on top of writing the application code.
We’re still a small team, so you’ll have the opportunity to help shape our culture and our engineering processes and practices
Senior Back-End Engineer
As a backend engineer, you’ll be working on our server-side code using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and GraphQL to write high-quality, well-tested and readable code. Most of your time will be spent creating the data models, business processes and endpoints necessary to solve our customer's problems. You’ll be expected to collaborate closely with designers and front-end engineers to figure out the best ways to model our solutions.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years of experience working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Interest in mentoring and helping more junior engineers thrive
- Willingness to work in a fast-changing environment
Nice to have
- 2+ years of experience working with PostgreSQL, MySQL or other relational databases.
- Experience working at a startup
- Collaborate with designers to assess feasibility and cost of building new features and making changes to existing ones.
- Collaborate with other engineers to draw technical specifications for the solutions you’ll build.
- Write readable, well-tested code so we can trust the software we build
- Review your peers’ code to ensure we keep a high standard of quality.
- Pair program with other engineers, especially more junior members of the team to help them grow and learn from you
- Propose changes to iteratively improve our architecture, infrastructure and coding practices so we’re always evolving and improving our systems.