Senior Full Stack Engineer
Our team believes in:
- Reducing scope - The best way to control progress and test hypotheses is to prevent scope creep;
- Shipping early - The best way to learn early is to ship early. No need to be perfect;
- Iterating and improving - Once we get the feedback we need, we iterate and improve;
- Taking ownership - The code we ship is our responsibility as we know it best;
- Delivering value - By focussing on providing the best customer experience, we improve acquisition and retention and drive revenue.
As our Senior Full Stack Engineer, you'll be responsible for
- Building new experiences and tailoring existing products for our self-serve customer segment
- Working across the customer journey and approaching problems with a growth mindset; understanding KPIs, knowing what tradeoffs to make in pursuit of learning and speed, suggesting more straightforward implementations
- Working with the Growth Team to understand how to make self-serve customers more successful; this means continuous learning and innovation
- Collaborating across product and engineering teams to build the best products possible
- Working with Front-End team to improve tooling as we iterate toward a best-in-class solution using React / Next.js
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role?
- Collaborative - You can work independently with autonomy, but enjoy problem-solving and ideating as a team; you value others’ perspectives and make decisions that are best for the customer
- Curious - You are driven to understand how things work or why they don't. You have deep empathy for the customer and want to find what works best for them
- Result-oriented - You manage the trade-offs between speed and quality in pursuit of the best outcome. You would rather ship, measure, and iterate into a product that achieves the team’s objectives rather than code the perfect component on the first try
Now that we’ve told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- Extensive experience with React, familiarity with Next.js and Ember.js is a plus
- Experience with experimentation and AB testing a major plus
- Experience with Python / Ruby or other high-level scripting languages
- You want to know the big picture; Being able to change/understand the backend is important for you
- You care about learning and results; You come to work to make an impact and care about business results.
- You want to move fast and try new things. You can do this by working independently or while collaborating closely with cross-functional peers
- Experience mentoring others, including code review. You love to contribute your knowledge and you know this is how good teams become great
- Have worked in a fast-paced startup environment. You understand the business side and that coding is just one part of a successful business
So what can you expect after you apply? Your application will be personally reviewed by a member of the Beyond hiring team and if there is a match in your experience and the role, you will:
- Have a video conversation with a recruiting team member
- Speak with our VP, Growth
- Complete a technical challenge + meet with a few engineers
- Speak with our VP of Engineering & Our Co-Founder/CTO
We are passionate about cultivating a diverse team so if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every point on the job description, please apply anyway!
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
Beyond is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses, and lifestyles. At our core, we care about our people and encourage every employee, partner, and applicant to share their whole self with us. We are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints and believe that our ability to help short-term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team. Whoever you are, you can Belong @ Beyond.