Lead Engineer, Creatives Library
Published on December 18, 2022
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio and in-game ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
The Platform Team at StackAdapt includes the Full-Stack Engineering, Product Management and Product Design Teams. These teams are responsible for designing and developing StackAdapt’s web platform which is where users can forecast, build and report on their campaigns and much more. It is also where StackAdapt’s internal teams use a wide variety of tools to manage customer accounts and help them get the most out of the product.
The Creatives Library Team:
The Creatives Library Team is building a full fledged library of dynamic creative assets and resources. This library will allow clients to store, host and manage bulk creative assets for ad campaigns on the platform. This library will also include creatives templates for clients to build quick off-the-shelf display ad creatives on the platform. We aim to reduce the need to integrate with expensive third party creative providers that charge on a CPM-basis, and provide a full-featured in-house solution.
Watch our talk at Amazon Tech Talks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRqu-a4gPuU
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in North America for this position.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and mentor teams of talented engineers within full-stack web engineering
- Make a positive impact on the team's productivity and growth
- Promote software development best-practices and conduct rigorous code reviews
- Plan ahead and architect scalable web APIs, component library and backend systems
- Rigorously identify and solve technical challenges
- Write code as needed, such as those involving issue resolution and low-effort high-impact items
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to ensure requirements and priorities align
What you'll bring to the table:
- Proven track record of delivering results and leading growing, high-impact teams
- At least 5 years experience of software development in web technologies and architecting scalable systems in a successful high-growth technology company
- At least 2 years of leadership experience, including essential people management experiences listed above Experience with at least 3 to 6 direct reports in a leadership role
- You have experience working with modern frontend libraries and frameworks (eg. React, Redux, Jest etc.)
- Experience scaling a Ruby on Rails backend architecture is a plus
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals (we have not forgotten our basics!) - data structures, system design, cloud computing, full-stack development etc.
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits from League on day one of employment
- RRSP Matching
- Work from home reimbursements
- Global WeWork membership
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A weekly $15 lunch credit via Ritual
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events (virtually!)
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our high performing campaign conversion rates, award-winning customer service, and innovation by numerous industry publications including:
A Top Growing Company in Canada based on the Globe and Mail's 2022 Business Report