Software Engineering Manager
Published on December 13, 2022
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2022. We expect 2023 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
What you will do
- Lead a team of 5+ engineers in addition to a manual QA with a focus on coaching, mentorship, and growth
- Partner with our product management team to help scope and deliver solutions while balancing the ongoing needs of the Engineering Team
- Foster a positive, supportive, and lively work environment while providing opportunity for team members to tackle new roles and take on new responsibilities
- Facilitate the team's growth by ensuring the right processes are in place
- Remain hands-on and contribute to the code base
Tech We Use
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS Lambda
- Heroku / AWS
How We Work
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments
- We work in a mix of Agile and Kanban
- We keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time
- We keep to a 40-hour workweek and respect your time away from the office
- A desire to lead a team of 5+ engineers while remaining hands on
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Expertise in either Ruby on Rails, React, or Node
- A demonstrable history of mentorship
- The total cash compensation for this role is $160,000 - $198,000/year with an additional annual bonus and stock options. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work within the U.S
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.