Developer Programs Engineer, Cloud Logging, Operations Management
- Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Seattle, WA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in Python, Go, Ruby, Node, Java, .NET, or PHP
- Experience with observability-related technology, including logging, tracing, monitoring, and debugging
- Experience as a contributor to an open source project
- Experience developing, deploying, and operating on a cloud computing platform
- Experience working with third-party developer tools, including creating documentation, APIs, Software Development Kits (SDKs), and client libraries
About the job:
As a Developer Programs Engineer (DPE), you will ensure that Google Cloud and related open source projects work well for developers. You will provide feedback on API design, platform consistency, and functionality. You will write sample code and work with our Technical Writing teams to produce developer documentation, quickstarts, and tutorials. You will manage source code, participate in developer forums, and help troubleshoot developer problems. You will also work on Google Operations Management products by helping our customers successfully enable logging, tracing, and monitoring best practices in their production environments. You will work with multiple programming languages and develop an understanding of the needs of developers who will need to instrument their code and the operators who will need to efficiently operate cloud services at scale.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $152,000 - $163,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Implement, release, and manage open source SDKs, APIs, demo apps, tools, samples, blog posts, technical guides, or videos. Contribute to and manage open source projects and drive open standards.
- Advocate for developers internally and influence Google developer product strategy by working with Product Management, Go-to-Market, Engineering, Support, PR, Marketing, Business Development, and other cross-functional teams.
- Manage and participate in developer discussion forums, and troubleshoot/address the developer experience challenges raised in these forums. Educate developers on best practices for effective integration of Google developer products.
- Propose the integration of features that change how users interact with Google Operations Management products.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.