Your Role & Mission
As the Senior Backend Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive and give hands-on mentorship and have opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
Examples of work that Software Engineers do at Apollo:
- Scrape news from more than 1000+ sources every day. Apply NLP to categorize the news, and alert users based on their preference.
- Design, build, and scale machine learning pipelines that analyze and score user’s data based on billions of signals that we scrape from tens of millions of websites.
- Design, build, and scale complex and highly customizable analytics engines to help clients track success metrics while using our platform.
- Build a phone call system that allows users to make phone calls on the platform and track their phone call history. Apply NLP on the recording to help our customer analyze their phone calls and improve performance.
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills
- Ability to take ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct
- Confident in owning your role, and bringing creative ideas to the hands of our users
- Work closely with CTO, VP or Product, and our extremely small & agile engineer team to design, iterate upon, as well as implement core product initiatives.
- Backend development of RESTful services in Python, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch
- Scaling existing backend systems to handle ever increasing amounts of traffic and new product requirements
- Help maintain code quality, organization, automation and continuous delivery
Skills and Relevant Experiences
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 1-3 years post-graduate experience in backend development
- Experience with database modeling (SQL or NoSQL both OK)
- Experience with using and designing RESTful services
- A creative and innovative problem solver & previous experience working in an agile, startup environment.
- Taking ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct
Great to Have
Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, React, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch
Experience with Web scraping (Mechanize, Phantomjs, Selenium, XPath,... )
Experience with Machine Learning
This is a remote position available from anywhere in the US or anywhere in the world. Please apply IF you meet the minimum qualifications and skills.
What You'll Love about Apollo:
As we are scaling our company, we are committed to providing the best possible environment for our engineering team. The less time our engineers spend dealing with cumbersome processes, inefficient systems, and commuting, the more time they have to solve problems and make an impact. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest engagement software available. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as your work is aligned with your goals.