Come join our engineering team and help design, develop, and scale GitHub’s new Code Scanning feature. You’ll be working in a full-stack agile engineering team that’s part of the larger code scanning group working in security products. You’ll work with and learn from Senior and Staff engineers as well as influence and coach your team using your experience. In addition, we support and reward spending time on improving diversity, inclusion, and belonging, as well as other important improvement-work outside your core role as a software engineer.
What will your first 3 months look like?
- In the first week on the job, you’ll have deployed your first change to GitHub in production!
- After 30 days, you’ll be a core part of the team working together with your team-mates on changes and features that are key priorities for GitHub this year.
- Within the first three months, you’ll have had the opportunity to co-lead one or more features/product-changes that will be included in our next marketed product launch.
We work as a distributed group within a distributed company. The majority of our team members live in Europe and on the east coast of the US and Canada, and while we do have some offices, all our meetings are location-agnostic and happen online. We operate with a high degree of autonomy and trust, and we have a significant level of influence on the product and technical direction of code scanning, as well as the broader security products at GitHub. We value learning, introspection and reflection, and we’re always looking for ways to improve as a team and as individuals, so candor and a culture that values safety to speak up are highly important to us.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced software engineer who
- is passionate about quality, and fostering good engineering practices and processes
- has experience building web applications at scale in either Ruby or Go
- has experience building distributed systems
- has experience in API design
Additionally, any of the following experiences would be considered a plus: writing tools or applications for developers, working in remote teams, developing with relational databases, developing on large Ruby on Rails applications, and experience with site reliability engineering or operating software service at scale.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 140 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness