Ruby on Rails Developer
Published on May 14, 2023
Lawgical is an energetic, entrepreneurial, and established marketing and software firm. We have developed and operate several niche, market-leading brands in the legal industry. Lawgical offers a remote, as well as casual and fun, work environment with a competitive compensation package. We work hard, but also understand the importance of quality of life. Our goal is to build brands and technology with integrity, value, and trust. We are looking for exceptional individuals to help us accomplish that objective.
Lawgical, an InfoTrack company, provides online marketing, software, and media for the legal industry. Founded in 2004, we operate a number leading brands in the legal space including ServeManager, Legal Talk Network, ServeNow.com, PInow.com and CourtFiling.net.
As a highly ambitious company, we know that our people are critical to Lawgical’s success. That's why we're passionate about fostering a high-performance culture built on professional development, open communication, and transparent leadership.
We are a remote-first company, but we also have an amazing office in the heart of the River North area (RiNo Arts) of Denver, Colorado in case you want some office time or a change of scenery.
You will be responsible for....
- Building solutions for our flagship product that delivers a valuable service to our customers and internal users.
- Working closely with multiple departments to both develop awesome code and to understand what we do and why we do it.
- Helping define and implement internal processes and industry best practices. We always want to be working with the latest and greatest.
- Work on multiple projects at once. Multitasking is something that small companies just have to do.
- Fixing issues (debugging, testing and troubleshooting) and developing new features, functionality and new products.
- Mentoring junior developers.
We're looking for a teammate that is reliable and *diligent* to join our dev team that is small, tight-knit and have worked together for 8+ years on average.
This role is for a full stack developer that is as comfortable writing quality code as planning and debating features, mentoring junior developers, or playing ping pong if you choose to come into the office (side note: we share the building with a brewery, if that’s your thing).
As a growing team, we're looking for someone who wants to participate in the whole development process and not just churn out code from a spec. In addition to planning and developing features, refactoring code, troubleshooting support requests, and fixing bugs; we would like someone interested in helping mentor junior developers, onboarding new hires, and improving our overall developer experience. In addition to ServeManager, and other major brands / websites in legal, we also have some legacy apps that need to be brought into the modern world.
What our ideal candidate looks like
Lawgical considers every candidate on her or his individual merits. However, possession of the following will help to differentiate you from the field.
- Professional, production experience with Ruby on Rails
- Heroku, AWS, S3
- REST API development and documentation
- Working with and modernizing legacy code
- Desire to mentor junior engineers
- Onboarding new developer hires
- Git / GitHub issues, pull requests, reviews workflow
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Data warehousing / data science a plus
- Mobile web app / PWA experience a plus
What Sets Lawgical Apart
We are a remote-friendly company! We encourage you to apply from anywhere in the United States. Whether you choose to work in an office or remotely, we strive to ensure that you have the resources and training that you need to successfully collaborate and succeed. At Lawgical, we’re committed to a workplace where everyone feels comfortable to do their best work and, yes, have fun! We also believe in a work/life balance that fulfills you while you’re here and supports you when you’re not. We built our benefits package to prove that we’re committed to you having everything you need.
Here is what we offer full-time employees:
- Equity Stock Options for All Employees
- 401(k) Match
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance- 85% of employee premiums are covered by InfoTrack, and 70% for your family premiums
- Employer-funded Short/Long-Term Disability, Life, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- 20 Days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Matching Gift Program
- Monthly Internet Stipend for Remote Employees
- Please provide a link to your most-used or favorite RubyGem and explain why it's your favorite / most-used.
- In reviewing the job ad and our products, tell us why you are interested in working for our company.
We believe that the key to our success is you. Your unique background, life experience, knowledge, self-expression, and talent make you uniquely you. Who you are, what you have experienced, and how you think inspires us to be innovative and bold.
Lawgical is an equal opportunity employer. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.