Staff Software Engineer - Partnerships
Published on May 23, 2023
Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, moving help, or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our clients can accomplish it all, not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and giving them control to help people, when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace. We’re a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it. With the backing of IKEA, we are growing our entire marketplace, including furniture assembly, globally and entering additional markets as we scale. It’s an exciting time at TaskRabbit!
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 4 time Best Places to Work in 2023 by BuiltIn. Including Remote Best Places to Work and Best Midsize Places to Work
- 5 time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers employee-paid health insurance, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more.
About the Role:
You will be:
- Designing, building, and maintaining solutions which follow our engineering principles:
- expose the ability to be measured and observed
- protect our customer, our business, and our partners and their data
- always do what the customer expects and upon failure, data is recoverable
- always available when and where the customer expects and which are healthy and current
- perform to, and exceed, customer expectations
- delight the customer
- Contributing to the growth and success of team members through code review, clear documentation, and mentorship
You should have:
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience building developer platforms, defining the strategy, and providing technical direction to the team.
- Experience building API-driven applications and endpoints.
- Strong design and architecture skills.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Proficiency with Ruby/Rails
- Experience in MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch.
- A strong ability to reason about how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps.
You might be a fit if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy helping organize and scope high-priority projects and plans to keep us moving forward.
- Great attention to detail and quality.
- Love for collaborating with a tight-knit team and across the organization.