Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Published on May 25, 2023
DebtBook provides local governments, nonprofits, and similar organizations with the tools they need for complete debt and lease management and accounting standards compliance (like GASB-87 and GASB-96), all in a refreshingly simple yet comprehensive user interface.
Who We Are
DebtBook is an industry-leading fintech software platform that revolutionizes the way local governments, higher education, healthcare organizations and their finance teams work. Our powerful, cloud-based software helps these organizations manage all aspects of their debt, leases, and subscriptions, streamline financial reporting, and share information simply with others.
About this Role
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to help us continue to govern our Platform, to protect the value that we’ve created, and to empower the broader team to succeed. We operate within AWS, manage our infrastructure via Terraform, and observe the entire system via Datadog. We have multiple engineering teams that are broken out based on product area working to frequently deliver incremental improvements to our application. You will partner with members of these teams to help ensure their success and to discover opportunities for improvement and self-service.
We value listening to each other, pragmatism, ensuring our work is aligned to business outcomes, and keeping our platform as easy to reason about as possible.
- Help us continue to build a Platform that supports ever-increasing Developer empowerment and customer safety
- Look for opportunity for improvements, reduction of complexity or the removal of manual tasks in the Platform – and provide input into our Technology Roadmap
- Drive key Roadmap initiatives, such as increasing our visibility into the application, designing and implementing security controls, and upgrading key components
- Support our work-hours engineering triage rotation, helping resolve any critical issues and increase the operational understanding of our system
- Provide a good experience for anyone interacting with the team
- Help interview and onboard new team members
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years professional experience as an Infrastructure Engineer or similar
- Professional experience working with at least one Cloud Provider
- Professional experience with Terraform or other similar Infrastructure-as-Code tooling
- Professional experience with at least one programming language
Technologies We Use
- Our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and React
- Our app is hosted in AWS and we have CI/CD pipelines and deployments in GitLab
- Our infrastructure is managed via Terraform
- Our entire stack is made observable via Datadog
- 30 min - Introduction Call with our Recruiter
- 1 hr - Management Interview with the Infrastructure Manager
- 1 hr - System Design Exercise with the Infrastructure Manager
- 1 hr - Group Interview w/ Engineering Team
At DebtBook, we dream big, move fast, make an impact, and bring joy to everything we do. Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we are looking for talented teammates who share our passion for challenging the status quo, innovating in all we do, and wanting to make a difference. We are growing fast, but our people aren’t just a number -- everybody has the opportunity to shape our culture and the future of the company.
Benefits & Perks
Proud to be named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Charlotte’s Business Journal, DebtBook is a fast-growing company where we dream big, move fast, make an impact, and bring joy to everything we do. Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we are looking for talented teammates who share our passion for challenging the status quo, innovating in all we do, and wanting to make a difference.
When it comes to benefits and perks, we are committed to supporting our employees’ well-being to make their lives better, both in and out of the office. We offer:
- Competitive salaries plus equity (stock options) for all employees
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Flexible work schedules and generous leave policies (including unlimited PTO)
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Family and wellness perks
- Stipends for remote workers to set up their ideal work space
- Annual salary range is: $137,500-$172,500 based on experience
- This role is eligible for an up to 10% annual bonus
DebtBook is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and prohibit discrimination and unlawful harassment in the workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based upon their qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, National Guard or veteran status, disability, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law. We welcome and encourage applicants with disabilities to contact our team for assistance during the application and hiring process. We are committed to expanding accessibility and making reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable law.