Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Remote - US Remote - Canada Remote - UK Remote - EU Remote - Europe Remote - Africa Remote - North America Remote - South America Remote - France Remote - Netherlands Remote - Germany Remote - Greece Remote - Portugal Remote - Spain Remote - Mexico Remote - Nigeria Remote - Kenya Remote - South Africa Remote - Poland Remote - Ireland Remote - Brazil Remote - UAE Remote - Argentina Remote - Egypt Remote - Ukraine Remote - Bulgaria Remote - Serbia Contract Senior
Published on May 27, 2023
We are looking for a remote Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer with strong knowledge in application backend development to join our development team. This is a long-term full-time (40 hrs/wk) contract role.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate with the Engineering Manager and with frontend developers to establish priorities and plan the application roadmap.
- Suggest performance improvements and provide assistance with application architecture design.
- Point out potential performance problems and suggest fixes.
- Develop new web services with Ruby on Rails.
What You Should Have:
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails applications (mandatory).
- Experience with unit testing (rspec, Jest, etc.) and background workers (Sidekiq).
- Experience working from design docs/specifications and frameworks.
- Knowledge of Vue.js, React, Solr, service workers architecture, and advanced SQL (nice to have).
- Hubstaff is a fast-growing time-tracking and project management startup that fully embraces remote work.
- Our team has people from 30 different countries: we value and welcome diverse backgrounds.
- We expect our professionals to work 40 hours/week and hope they can work with us for years to come.
- For this particular position, we are looking for someone living in the American or EMEA timezone.
- Flexibility is essential to us, so Hubstaff offers this flexibility in your day-to-day but also about the contract type.
- Our professionals can be hired as contractors (payment/hour) or as employees in more than 25 countries (salaried and getting additional benefits like vacations, paid leaves as sick or maternity or paternity leave, equipment and training bonuses, and health insurance (paid: 50%), among others,).
- We get the whole team together on our Annual Retreats to have fun while traveling and getting to know each other! So while 2020 had us virtually meeting because of the pandemic, we met in Portugal (in 2019) and Mexico (in 2018), and we had our first in-person retreat after Covid-19 in the Dominican Republic (Feb 2022 - this year).
- Annual Salary: this will depend on your country's location/currency/taxes. But you should expect a yearly gross salary between USD 90,000.00 and USD 110,000.00.
Curious? You can find more about Hubstaff and what it's like working with us here. In addition, you can read more about us on our website and learn more about our history and work philosophy on our blog.