Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Published on May 27, 2023
Perceptyx combines employee surveys and people analytics to help you see more of what’s going on in your organization and drive it forward. #SeeTheWayForward
*** We welcome all USA-based talent to apply. This job is 100% remote. ***
Come join Perceptyx and help our Product Engineering Team build amazing things. We are searching for someone who is enthusiastic about crafting elegant and concise code and desires to enhance their skills in guiding technical development (present ideas and use your voice.) In this role, you will work alongside a cross-functional team of 4 and build new features/integrations, fix bugs, provide technical estimates/assessments, lead technical discussions, and add value to our Dialogue product through cross-functional engagement within our technology team.
You will have the opportunity to work in a scaling environment and deliver world-class software that amplifies the voices of employees worldwide. Are you looking to lead discussions within your team and help drive the direction of how we move forward technically? In this role, your work will help us build a bridge to essential products in our platform. In addition, you will get to flex your strategy and tactical muscles when leveraging Perceptyx data and developing attractive features for the world's largest organizations—interested in interviewing? Please apply by responding with your updated resume.
Perceptyx's mission is simple: We help employees and their organizations thrive. How do we do that? We facilitate the ongoing conversation between employees and their company to drive success. We are passionate about helping organizations listen to and act on what matters most to employees. When employees are happy, everyone is happy! We also employ an incredible, diverse staff of professionals with the knowledge and drive to move every employee engagement survey project swiftly from vision to reality.
Some Things You Will Do:
- Participate in developing complex technical solutions, including custom development, working with cross-functional teams when delivering projects/products.
- Develop solutions based on specific project/product requirements, considering best practices and performance standards while promoting reusability.
- Provide hands-on knowledge of integration methodologies, Messaging, and API platforms.
- You will assist other software engineering team members while following agile methodologies.
- Maintain a commitment to excellence and high standards in a collaborative environment.
- Work with leadership to align solutions and data integration with business strategies and objectives.
- Work with other leads to identify and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Help document development phases and monitor systems.
- 5+ years of full stack software development experience, emphasis in software design & development, scripting, and unit testing; experience developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
- Technical expertise in distributed system architecture, design, and development
- Backend: 5+ years of Ruby on Rails experience(this one is a must)
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Frontend: React.js (also a must)
- Bonus if you have these: Cypress, Jest, Redux, and Backbone
- Experience optimizing application performance at scale
- Innate ability to communicate your ideas to people of various titles
- A passion for mentoring Junior Engineers and a person who possesses a "we succeed together" mentality
- You find enjoyment in a remote-first, collaborative, and distributed work culture
- You have a willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
Compensation: Perceptyx is focused on equitable pay for all our staff and aims for transparency with our pay practices. This position has a base salary range of $130,000 to $170,000 + an annual incentive bonus when applicable. The above range represents the expected base salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors, including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
We Care About The Whole Person ✨
- Healthy medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance up to 1x your annual salary (up to $250k) paid by Perceptyx
- Generous Maternity, Paternity, and Adopter leave benefits with flexibility on when you use this benefit
- 401(k) plan along with a 3% company match and immediate vesting upon hire
Generous Time Off 🏝
- As hard as we work, we also know how essential it is to take time away to rest and recharge. We offer flexible paid vacation with an expectation of every team member taking off at least 10 business days per calendar year.
- 16-17 paid holidays, depending on the calendar year.
Setting You Up For Success 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
- Mac or PC laptop options
- Paid LinkedIn Learning and guided videos to watch when it works for your schedule
- Full subscription to The Calm App: #1 app for Sleep, Meditation, and Relaxation, with over 100 million downloads
Perceptyx In The News 📰
- Perceptyx Adds More Than 100 New Enterprise Customers
- Lighthouse Research & Advisory has awarded Perceptyx the 2022 HR Tech Award for Employee Experience - Best Comprehensive Solution
- Perceptyx and The Bersin Company Extend Strategic Survey Partnership
Perceptyx Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Perceptyx celebrates diversity and an inclusive environment. We focus on providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Perceptyx’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, knowledge, merit, and business needs.