Ruby on Rails Engineer
Published on July 06, 2023
Covalent started as a research initiative to understand the drivers of the skills gap in advanced manufacturing and energy. With the most experienced workers retiring and the rapid adoption of new technology, the necessity for industrial employers to understand their workforce’s capability has never been more critical. However, our research uncovered that the majority of industrial employers still track worker qualifications offline, limiting access to data that can provide deep insight into how their workforce needs to evolve.With this in mind, Covalent designed a unique, cloud-based software solution purpose-built to manage end-to-end qualifications in complex, industrial environments. In doing so, we capture data required to improve company operations, individual employment outcomes, and ultimately contribute to closing the skills gap.We're an agile, passionate team focused on improving workforce outcomes and delivering value to companies and individuals through access to better data.Covalent Networks is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, E2E tests and performing code reviews.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the scrum team (Engineering, QA and Product) to deliver features and bug fixes within a scrum framework.
- Be a thought leader within the Engineering team and the larger organization.
- 5+ years of web application development
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years of SQL experience (Postgres preferred)
- Git source control experience
- Strong communication skills around requirements, user stories and technical challenges
- Scalable data architecture experience
- Experience integrating with other applications
- The ability and desire to mentor other engineers
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Test-driven development experience
- Becoming an early contributor to a growing sales organization in a high-growth startup
- Working with company leadership and a highly collaborative cross-functional team
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Competitive base salary, variable compensation & benefits
- Remote work initiatives
- Home office stipend
- L&D program
- Monthly team-building activities (virtual)