- You are motivated by working on hard and challenging problems rather than showing up just to check boxes.
- You are driven by building a world class product and better user experience
- You are passionate about building teams and delivering products.
- You relish the opportunity to work with a product team, engineers, customer success and customers to ensure a surprisingly awesome customer experience.
- You ask a lot of questions and love spirited yet professional debate, knowing it improves outcomes. You are comfortable navigating uncharted waters within the company.
- You are motivated by creating your own path to delivering value and taking full advantage of personal empowerment.
- You understand how to balance scope of work with execution, and believe that continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Deliver awesome, fun, engaging, and reliable solutions.
- Collaborate with the team, partners and customers to provide accurate estimations, timelines, costs, and risks associated with development.
- Create clear, concise deliverables that communicate your plans and allow the team to successfully execute ideas.
- Actively participate in stand-ups, meetings, and design sessions.
- Participate in code reviews, vendor selection, research, 1 on 1’s and discussion to help you and the team with professional development.
- Be a mentor and functional manager to a software engineering team.
- Ability to manage geographically distributed teams.
- 8-10 years experience with Ruby and Rails.
- Are able to work in a fully-remote environment.
- Experience in core aspects of web application development including design, development, architecture, separation of layers, configuration, performance, integration, analytics
- 3-5 years Experience organizing and managing dev teams in a high growth environment.
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail-Oriented, self-started, motivated, results-driven, with high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative.
Nice To Have
- Wordpress and PHP experience.
- Experience using Kanban to meet deliverables.
- Experience with kubernetes.
- Experience with webpack.
- Experience with GraphQl
- Experience with RethinkDB, ElasticSearch, and Redis.
How We Measure Success
First 30 days
- Learn and become proficient in our code base.
- Start assuming day-to-day management of project queue.
- Help prepare the code base, processes, and assist hiring of team members.
- You will start to move the bar forward to our first major milestone:
- Gaining knowledge and proficiency in RETS and WebAPI real estate data feeds.
- Start product development on new data integrations.
- Assist in the hiring of additional engineering team members.
- Implement of initial milestone project
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of our next major Milestone project
- Lead a team working on adding more MLS home listings data sources.
- Lead a growing team working on adding more MLS listings data sources.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of our next major milestone project.
People You'll Work With
- Scott Lockhart - CEO
- Alan Pinstein - COO
- Scott Davis - Director of Engineering
- Kurt Uhilr - CMO
- Tiffany Soucy - Customer Success Manager
- Andi Bodway-Werneth - Onboarding Manager
- Stock Option Grant
- Flexible PTO
- Quality Medical + Dental + Vision
- Tax-Free Flexible Health Spending Account
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance