Product Security Engineer
Remote - EU
💼What we need your help with:
Are you an experienced Web Security Engineer with a passion for building protection products and tools? Well, look no further! Sqreen is looking for a Security Engineer who will be focus on securing our products and our clients as a member of one of our Product Squads, specifically the Protection Squad (you can read about our Protect product here).
The ideal candidate for us will have expertise with web application security in a product-focused, dynamic environment. In addition, this role could have the opportunity to mentor another Security Engineer on the team.
This role will report directly to Max, one of our Engineering Managers, and can be based in our Paris office or remote across Europe (we currently have engineers in 4 cities in France with others in Lisbon, London and Edinburgh for example!)
- Defining, design and POC new protection algorithms (using RASP and In-App WAF for example) that have the most impact for our customers.
- Partner with engineers working on our micro-agents to make those algorithms fast and reliable.
- Work from within one of our product squads to make our product experience delightful to our users (including security professionals)
- Collaborate with other squad members on product initiatives
- High level of emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Excellent user empathy - we are a Product and People first company!
- Excellent communication skills - we work in English in a distributed and international context
- Expertise in Web Application Security
- Experience building a protection product (RASP, WAF)
- Knowledgeable in one of the following: Ruby, Node.js, Python, Go, Java, or .NET
- Understanding of low-level programming and how systems work (C/C++ development is a plus)
- Sqreeners come from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Diversity is important to us, so if you're unsure, please apply!
🎁 Why work for Sqreen:
- Be part of an incredibly talented team who are passionate about democratising security
- Join at a crucial stage of our development with a huge amount of runway for you to add value
- Beautiful 'Sqreenhouses' in central Paris (Sentier), and San Francisco (SoMa) - our Paris office is currently open but many Sqreeners work remotely
- An international, English speaking work environment
- Contribute tangibly to our core product, bringing value to our customers each and every week
- Join a product-focused company, with a deep commitment to learning
- Access to our broad network of Founders, Peers and Investors in Paris and San Francisco
- Enjoy premium health insurance, healthy snacks every day in the office and coached Sport sessions every fortnight (currently virtual)
- Generous leave allowance
- Sqreenity session every quarter - one paid week to explore a topic of your choice
- Brown Bag Lunches: monthly opportunities to learn new topics from other Sqreeners or outside experts
- A relaxed working environment with regular social activities
💥 Sqreen’s Hiring Process:
- 45-minute video call with our local Talent Partner
- 45-minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Take-home exercise, if applicable
- Virtual onsite with the team - 4 hours total
- Video call with Pierre, CEO of Sqreen
- Reference Sqreen
On average the whole process takes 2-3 weeks end to end, but we're pretty flexible!
Want to learn more? Here are some more resources: