Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Published on July 28, 2023
QuickMail is one of the leading cold email outreach solutions for sending business-to-business cold emails. It is used by small and medium businesses all over the world to reach out to potential clients and grow their businesses. Our clients are composed of Entrepreneurs, Founders, Growth Marketers & Lead Generation Agencies. QuickMail was started in 2014. We are 100% self-funded and composed of a small group of highly competent co-workers.
Our current stack
- Backend: Ruby on Rails 7, Sidekiq 6 & Webpack 4
- Frontend: Angular 9 with Rxjs, Pug & Bootstrap 4
- Communication layer: GraphQL, Apollo & Pusher
- Hosting: Heroku with Postgres & Redis
- Extra services: AWS for EC2 & Routes
Your initial responsibilities
- In the first weeks, to familiarize you with our code, you'll be making some small changes to the code to either fix problems or extend existing solutions.
- You'll then move toward building smaller scope features & advancing on longer-term projects.
- Ultimately, you will have the possibility to make a big impact on the product by driving initiatives to support the business (e.g. build an integration, create a new feature, extend the API...)
- You deeply ❤️ coding, you are pragmatic in your approach to development, have a positive attitude, and have the ability to make decisions on your own.
- You have great analytical skills with a demonstrable ability to simplify complex things.
- You can speak and write in English without problems.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails and command a good understanding of background jobs.
- You use Git regularly (pull request, merge, rebase…)
- 💻 Stunning colleagues, solid engineering practices, we use branching and pull requests, review apps, apply scrum with weekly sprints, daily standups, and point velocity. The code is well structured and the architecture is sound.
- ⚖️ You'll join a meritocracy, no-bs culture, no politics, only candid feedback to keep improving. Think Netflix culture.
- 🔥 A chance to step in and have a big impact on a growing SaaS company. You'll learn about the business side too and get to know the financials as we practice open-book management 📖.
- 🌴 1 team retreat per year in Thailand for work and fun: https://youtu.be/OY5l3ueZMUo
- 📚 We focus on learning and personal growth ($100/mo budget for learning/books/courses).