Senior Software Engineer I
Published on July 29, 2023
Global collaboration is at the heart of what we do at Flywire. We’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new FlyMate; it's our differences as individuals that make us stronger as a team. With over 30 nationalities across 11 countries, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset.
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage - the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease - no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,300 global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
- Write clean, high quality, testable, secure, maintainable and extendable code
- Solve items such as challenging bugs and production issues within the development environment
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Drive change and improvement in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Contribute to the product vision by collaborating with Product Managers and stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with teams across the globe by understanding their needs
- Help your fellow developers to continue growing their skills
- 4+ years of experience in web application development
- Experience in designing, developing and supporting scalable, performant and reliable web applications and distributed systems
- Seasoned in techniques such TDD and BDD
- Proficient working with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Understanding of relational databases
- Strong understanding of object-oriented fundamentals
- Great understanding of the other disciplines in the cross functional team: QAs, Product and SREs
- Fluent in English, as it is the company’s working language
- Experience in FinTech or the payment industry will be appreciated
- The ability to deliver high quality code and learn quickly
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams including product and support
- Ruby on Rails
- System management: Linux, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Sidekiq, AMQP, ElasticSearch,
- Machine Learning
- Cloud platform: AWS
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start - Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success - every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)