Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Published on July 31, 2023
Ventrata is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team who are changing the way tours and tickets are sold across the planet.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a startup environment and be capable of working independently as part of our remote team.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is expected to expand significantly post-pandemic with excellent potential for promotion for high performing candidates. The role will be based remotely (time zones GMT or GMT +1/-1), in our office in Brno, Czech Republic or in our Lisbon office.
Founded in late 2016, Ventrata is an enterprise ticketing platform designed for high-volume attraction, tour, and activity operators. Our all-in-one platform powers online, in-person, & third-party sales, and provides robust functionality around resource management, hardware integrations, and 24/7 live support. Ventrata's solutions are trusted by some of the biggest names in the industry: Big Bus Tours, Sightseeing Pass, Tootbus, Historic Tours of America, Boston Duck Tours, Magnicity / M56 Group, Pilsner Urquell Experience, Fat Tire Tours, Museum of Illusions, multiple Gray Line and City Sightseeing operators.
Despite the challenging environment, Ventrata continues to grow in double digits. During the global pandemic, many attractions have restructured and upgraded their technology. For Ventrata, this has driven a growth rate of 6x — from $80m in ticket sales in 2019 to more than $900m in 2022.
Ventrata has been profitable since 2018 and holds substantial private backing. There have been two successful rounds of funding prior to coronavirus. No funding has been required to maintain operations through the period. Our team is based in Czechia, UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Slovakia, Croatia, Nigeria and the US.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Optimization and refactoring of our ‘Dashboard’
- Integration of new payment processing methods
- Developing new features requested by our clients
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
Who we’re looking for..
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Expert knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Advanced knowledge of AWS
- Intermediate English B2
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
What can we offer?
- We are fairly informal about working hours. We want to make sure you like your job and wanna go an extra mile for us.
- Unlimited paid holiday days.
- Start-up working environment.
- WFH or work remotely.
- Team buildings and company remote office. Sounds boring? The whole team met in Spain, South Africa, Italy, Portugal, France and this year also in Greece.
- We have two office locations: the core team is located in Brno and we have one newly opened office in Lisbon. How does working for a month from Lisbon sound? :)
- Young and passionate team - the ‘Ventrata family”
- Hardware/ remote setup package.
- Competitive salary and regular salary revaluation.
- Christmas bonuses.
Did we catch your eye or maybe also your heart and do you want to become part of the Ventrata family? Send us your CV and join us!