Senior Software Developer(Ruby on rails)
Published on July 31, 2023
Quadrant (an Appen Company) is a global leader in mobile location data, Point-of-Interest (POI) data, and corresponding compliance services. We map and authenticate geospatial data so our customers and partners can leverage reliable and authentic information to derive actionable insights and solve real-world issues.Geolancer is Quadrant’s proprietary platform for collecting and verifying Point-of-Interest (POI) data like restaurants, retail, convenience stores, etc. In half a dozen regions across Asia, freelancers - Geolancers - go out every day and collect these locations together with attributes like coordinates, name, opening hours, photos, etc. This data is then cleansed and purchased by the biggest companies in the world in geospatial intelligence, mapping, food delivery, ride sharing, and more. For each POI, Geolancers are rewarded with cryptocurrency.
Quadrant (an Appen Company) is looking for a Senior Software Developer (Ruby on rails) for their Information Technology and Services industry. The company is a global leader in mobile location data, Point-of-Interest (POI) data, and corresponding compliance services. The role requires a candidate who will be responsible for the development, design, and deployment of advanced web and mobile applications, enabling the company to collect, process, and monetize its offerings efficiently. The senior software developer will report to the technology manager and work closely with the development team in designing and implementing projects aligned with business objectives. The successful applicant will also be involved in creating and executing project plans, designing software architectures, and collaborating with other departments to ensure the smooth running of the company's operations.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications by identifying bugs and solving complex problems.
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, data scientists, and other engineers to define and achieve project goals.
- Mentor junior developers, providing guidance on coding standards, design principles, and the application of new technologies.
- Lead code and design reviews, championing high-quality software development and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Contribute to all stages of the software development lifecycle, from ideation to deployment and maintenance.
- Translate business requirements into robust, scalable, and secure software solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field. A Master's Degree is a plus.
- 4-5 years of experience in software development.
- Hands-on experience developing software using agile methodologies.
- Expert knowledge in Ruby on Rails, web development and distributed systems.
- Work experience in designing relational database management systems (RDBMS) or NoSQL databases.
- Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with AI and machine learning is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to mentor junior team members.
- Work From Anywhere(Remote work)
- Great Opportunity for Personal and Professional Development
- You will have the opportunity to work internationally, with an international team, and international clients
- You will have the chance to work on solving problems in Data-as-a-Service and AI sectors
- You will have the great opportunity to work in a high growth start-up culture
- You will get the opportunity to work with the top 8 of 10 tech companies in the US