Lead Ruby on Rails Developer
Published on July 31, 2023
Ventrata is looking for a Lead Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team of kickass developers who are changing the way tours and tickets are sold across the planet. This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is expected to expand significantly post-pandemic. We do have a distributed/remote team, but we do have a shared office space available in Brno and Lisbon, therefore we would prefer candidates in those locations, but we are fairly open for you to be located anywhere in Europe.
Founded in late 2016, Ventrata is an enterprise ticketing platform designed for high-volume attraction, tour, and activity operators. Our all-in-one platform powers online, in-person, & third-party sales, and provides robust functionality around resource management, hardware integrations, and 24/7 live support. Ventrata's solutions are trusted by some of the biggest names in the industry: Big Bus Tours, Sightseeing Pass, Tootbus, Historic Tours of America, Boston Duck Tours, Magnicity / M56 Group, Pilsner Urquell Experience, Fat Tire Tours, Museum of Illusions, multiple Gray Line and City Sightseeing operators.
Despite the challenging environment, Ventrata continues to grow in double digits. During the global pandemic, many attractions have restructured and upgraded their technology. For Ventrata, this has driven a growth rate of 6x — from $80m in ticket sales in 2019 to more than $900m in 2022.
Ventrata has been profitable since 2018 and holds substantial private backing. There have been two successful rounds of funding prior to coronavirus. No funding has been required to maintain operations through the period. Our team is based in Czechia, UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Slovakia, Croatia, Nigeria and the US.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Optimization and refactoring of our ‘Dashboard’.
- Owning and improving BE deployment pipeline.
- Integration of new payment processing methods.
- Developing new features requested by our clients.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Manage our database and external services.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
We could write much more, but we believe that you as a Senior developer know what is expected…
Who we’re looking for..
The ideal candidate will be a Ruby wizard with solid experience of backend engineering. You will be a critical thinker with a high attention to detail. You will need to keep up with the fast pace of development and thrive in a startup environment. Do you have previous experience with a ticketing system? Even better …
And a few more requirements…
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Expert knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Advanced knowledge of Google CLoud.
- Intermediate English.
- Fast learner, who enjoys the dynamic start-up working environment and is able to adapt to changes quickly and NO is not the answer you use (could be a tricky one during our team-buildings).
What can we offer?
- We are fairly informal about working hours. We want to make sure you like your job and wanna go an extra mile for us.
- Unlimited paid holiday days.
- Start-up working environment.
- WFH or work remotely.
- Team buildings and company remote office. Sounds boring? The whole team met in Spain, South Africa, Italy, Portugal, France and this year also in Greece.
- We have two office locations: the core team is located in Brno and we have one newly opened office in Lisbon. How does working for a month from Lisbon sound? :)
- Young and passionate team - the ‘Ventrata family”
- Hardware/ remote setup package.
- Competitive salary and regular salary revaluation.
- Christmas bonuses.
Did we catch your eye or maybe also your heart and do you want to become part of the Ventrata family? Send us your CV and join us!