Founded in 2011, Fullscript supports 70,000 health practitioners across North America committed to delivering better patient care.
Fullscript provides the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Fullscript's online prescribing platform provides access to over 20,000 practitioner-grade products from over 300 brands, enabling practitioners to create fully personalized plans for their patients. With an unrelenting focus on quality and convenience, Fullscript delivers a patient experience that can't be found anywhere else.
Fullscript is a company where teammates embrace a growth mindset, have their talents celebrated, are given the tools to Grow Faster Than The Company, and are inspired to put their wellness at the forefront of their everyday lives. As a result, Fullscript has been consistently recognized for its culture and leadership. Check out our Culture Guide here.
Fullscript is currently looking for a Ruby Engineer who wants to build a platform to create rich, stable, and compelling experiences for our users.
Fullscript is written with Ruby on Rails, and our Engineers build and maintain our internal GraphQL API. They work directly with our front-end engineers to build out functionality on the Fullscript platform. The Product Development team is responsible for the feature development on Fullscript. They make the tools that power hundreds of thousands of prescriptions created by our healthcare professionals for their patients.
Note: This is a short term contract role for a specific project.
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain our internal GraphQL API
- Maintaining and improve our feature development on Fullscript
- Contribute to clean design patterns, clean code, and what makes a well-designed API
- Write tests and understand their value
- Other duties determined by the Company from time to time
What you bring to the table:
- You are a passionate software engineer that cares about your craft. You are excited to learn, lead projects and want to produce the best work possible
- Experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- You have a desire to learn and being open to feedback
- Understanding of design patterns and clean code
- Experience scaling or working on high-scale web applications
- Past experience working in e-commerce or health-tech sector
- Experience with React, or similar technology
- You’ve worked with GraphQL in the past
What we can offer you:
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Company-wide learning initiatives
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to [email protected]
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles both personal information and personal health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.