Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Published on August 13, 2023
Our mission to improve the state of real estate investing is about automating processes and harnessing data to optimize investment processes. The power of deal management software doesn’t come merely from the efficiency gains of automated reporting and easier task tracking. Real power comes from giving investors the intelligence and confidence to move faster than the competition. In order to work smarter in sourcing, screening, and underwriting, deal teams need to understand the story the data tells.
- Design, develop and ship major features for existing and new products using Ruby on Rails
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with other developers, designers, and stakeholders to deliver high-quality products
- Troubleshoot and debug issues as they arise
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies
- Mentor junior developers and lead best practices across the team
- Deeply understand the needs of our business and its clients
- Have the opportunity to work full stack
- Help shape our engineering culture, tooling and processes
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Have delivered impactful projects from design to production with Ruby on Rails
- Advocate for best practices in code health, testability, maintainability, scalability
- Effective communicator who is comfortable seeking and receiving feedback
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Highly collaborative with low ego
- Results-oriented developer who takes pride in their craft
- Stake in the Company: Empowering and amplifying the voices and work of our employees is important to us, and that’s why we provide employee stock options. We want the whole team to share in our successes and victories, and have hard work pay off in more ways than a paycheque.
- Continuous Learning: We believe that investing in our employees’ growth and development is essential to our long-term success as a company. By providing financial support for continuing education and skill-building opportunities, we empower our employees to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in their field, and develop new skills.
- Health Coverage: Ensuring our employees feel valued, supported and empowered to prioritize their health and well-being is our top priority. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage to provide the support and resources our employees need to take care of themselves and their families, so they can come to work healthy, focused, and ready to take on the day.
- Work from Anywhere: We give our team the flexibility and ownership to choose to work from wherever they’re most productive, whether that be at home, the Toronto HQ, or anywhere else. We want our team to feel productive, and balance their lives however works best for them.
- Rest & Recharge: We provide ample vacation days, personal days and other forms of paid leave, our employees should feel free prioritize their well-being, spend time with their loved ones, and experience new places and activities