Senior Software Engineer, Applications (LATAM)
Published on August 13, 2023
Valimail is a fast growing, venture funded startup and the leader in Email Authentication as a Service. Here is your chance to get in on the ground floor at an important technology innovator and to help build a major business service category. We have built a revolutionary platform on top of open standards — DMARC, DKIM, and SPF — for the first time it makes it possible for any organization to protect itself against email impersonation. Valimail pioneered the notion of automated email authentication, with innovative components like our DNS-based Authenticator (including our patented Instant SPF). We’re committed to building a more trusted email ecosystem.
- Collaborate in a stable, working, high performance software
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Build Ruby on Rails web applications
- Empower team members to own their work and work hand-in-hand with cross functional teams such as other Engineering teams, Product teams
- Demonstrate a deep proficiency in your craft and seek to continuously improve.
- Provide and are able to receive constructive feedback
- Improve development processes by identifying inefficiencies in workflows and providing effective, measurable solutions
- Understand the full scope of a project prior to beginning to work on it, and the give and take needed to provide on-time delivery
- Evangelize and drive the adoption of standard processes relating to code health, testability, maintainability, and scalability
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure
- Help define the selection, improvement, and adoption of developer tools across the Engineering organization
- Influence and educate peers through PR reviews and pair-programming
- 5+ years of experience in building production web application
- Senior level experience in building Ruby on Rails applications and APIs
- Proficient understanding of how to write, analyze and optimize PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of when it is wise to incur technical debt and when to pay it down
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Full Stack Ruby developer that doesn’t mind working frontend tickets more than 50% of the time.
- Highly productive developer who has a focus on quality and speed.
- Experience with Hotwire, React, Redis, RSpec, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Competitive pay + participation in employee stock option plan
- Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage
- Eight weeks of paid maternity leave & Four weeks of paid paternity leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- Remote First Company, you can work anywhere within the US
- Unlimited and flexible PTO. We believe balanced, happy, relaxed people do better work