Ruby on Rails Engineer
Published on August 13, 2023
Zipdev offers the opportunity to work remotely with clients based in the United States. Zipdev recruits and hires the best Developers, Designers, QA Testers, and Project Managers in Latin America. If you have been successful working remotely, work well with remote teams and understand the importance of communication, contact us right away.
Zipdev is looking for a Fullstack Engineer with Ruby on Rails and React to develop a brand new product alongside a team of 4 senior developers. The project is a new product with a company that has a platform that transforms what property owners and managers can do. It is a real-time property management solution that turbo-charges organizations’ data to help make smarter business decisions.
In this role you will be leading a small team (mostly in Easter Time Zone), keeping constant communication with the product manager and product designer, and understanding the customer's needs to create something new.
If you want the opportunity to make important decisions in a project, be creative, and create value for the customer through development, this is the opportunity for you.
- At least 6 years of professional experience as a software developer.
- 2+ years of recent experience with Ruby on Rails (Rails 7, Hotwire including Turbo for some front-end interactions)
- 4+ years experience with relational DBs / data architecture (we're using Postgres), experience leading data modeling
- 1+ year of React + TypeScript is preferred
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and autonomous environment
Our Recruitment Process
- 15-minute Initial Call
- 20-minute take-home skills test
- 30-minute Call with Recruiter (project, benefits etc.)
- Interviews directly with the client (1hr technical interview with me / 45m meeting with product lead /30m meeting with the broader team)
- Final Offer!
- Work Remote Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week (no weekends)
- Vacation: 10 business days a year
- Holidays: 5 National Holidays a year
- Company Holidays: 5 Company Holidays a year (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Zipdev Day)
- Parental Leave
- Health Care Reimbursement
- Active Lifestyle Reimbursement
- Quarterly Home Office Reimbursement
- Payroll Deduction Purchase Plans
- Longevity Bonus
- Continuous Learning Bonus
- Access to Training and Professional Development Platforms
- Did we mention it's REMOTE?!!