Software Engineer (Ruby / React)
Remote - Anywhere
Engineering works closely with our Product and Success teams to discover and deliver features that will make a real difference in a product our customers use every day.
In 2019 we re-built our tech stack in a phased rewrite (rather than a big-bang project) to adopt React, Typescript, and Relay on the front-end, talking to a GraphQL API powered by Ruby on Rails. We have experience refactoring a large codebase, so we seek to move fast without creating technical debt (test coverage is important). We practice continuous deployment, dividing work into weekly sprints.
We're a fully remote team working across 6 time zones, and we make heavy use of Slack and Zoom for communication throughout the day. We value work/life balance and work at a sane pace, 40 hour weeks, Monday - Friday. Our engineering team currently maintains 2-3 hours of overlap with US Pacific Time, to facilitate collaboration.
We prioritize customer impact across the organization. Our Success and Product teams work closely with end-users on a daily basis, using their feedback to refine our roadmap and assist Engineering in creating an exceptional product.
We're looking for motivated and productive team members to help accelerate progress on our roadmap. We're open to mid or senior roles at this time.
You have a solid understanding of core engineering concepts, are able to master our tech stack, tools and processes, and become a productive contributor to new feature development.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails and 1 or more of our other core technologies: React, Typescript, RelayJS, GraphQL
• Taking well-scoped components to completion within a reasonable time frame
• Great communicator, asks questions, explains themselves, open to feedback
• Proficient learner and problem solver
• Cares for the end-user (see The Product Minded Engineer)
Both positions offer the following benefits:
• Early Off Fridays (every other Friday afternoon off)
• 3 Weeks Paid Vacation (in addition to the above, but includes local bank holidays)
• Healthcare Allowance
• Vacation Allowance
Selected candidates will be invited to a 30-minute call, followed by a 90-minute structured interview to discuss your career and some technical questions related to your role.
If you enjoy owning the outcome for customers, influencing product, and honing your craft, we'd love to talk to you.