Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Published on August 13, 2023
Synack is the leader in Crowdsourced Security Platforms, powered by the world’s top ethical hackers and most advanced AI technology. Founded in 2013 by NSA Agents Jay Kaplan and Mark Kuhr, Synack’s crowd of highly vetted hackers, bug-bounty incentives, scalable technology and custom analytics and reporting enables us to detect, verify and mitigate exploitable vulnerabilities before a catastrophic breach. Our AI scanning tool alerts our team to possible vulnerabilities, changes or events. With investors like Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures, Allegis Capital, Microsoft Ventures, HP Enterprise and Intel Capital, we have the foundation of success. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications and services in a full-stack environment
- Responsible for designing, architecting, and delivering scalable, highly available services
- Responsible for owning and ideating technical solutions for product requirements and user stories
- Actively engaging and participating heavily in code and design reviews
- Offer guidance and support to junior team members, encouraging and cultivating a culture of continuous learning within the team
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack or frontend engineering
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Go. Front end development using frameworks like React.
- Strong experience and understanding with service oriented architecture, service-to-service communications (gRPC), writing REST API’s, unit testing, BDD testing, and architectural design
- Experience with backend and frontend messaging solutions such as PubSub , Websockets
- In depth knowledge of No-SQL and RDBMS technologies
- Excellent project management skills with ability to accurately estimate development and testing efforts, identify tasks on the critical path, and assess risk in the overall project
- Experience working on agile teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in all mediums
- Experience working on and scaling a microservice-based application
- A proven ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- You are regarded as an expert in your field and act as a trusted advisor to your colleagues and leaders
- You have a demonstrated expertise in constructing and upkeep systems that are both scalable and highly available.
- Experience scaling highly available, mission-critical systems
- Interest in security / penetration testing
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack