Remote Full-Stack Engineer
Remote - Anywhere
What We Are Looking For...
Are you someone who wants to do more than just code? What if the lines of Ruby or React you create could power messaging to millions of underserved patient across the United States? The CareMessage team is looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer who is excited about creating a world where all people, regardless of income or background, achieve equitable health outcomes. In this position, you will play a key role in building and maintaining our web application. Your core responsibility will be to take substantial features from concept to delivery utilizing Ruby on Rails along with Angular and/or React. Sample projects may include: helping improve our API to support our healthcare integrations, improving customer analytics to help them understand patient messaging trends, or optimizing the user experience to promote patient messaging strategies. It all depends on the most pressing problems our customers have!
Before we jump into the details of the role, we want to share some information about our process. After you apply, you'll hear back from us within 1 week. If we decide to move forward, we will share a case study activity with you that will allow us to know more about how we can work together. The activity will likely take 6-8 hours, so please consider if you want to spend that time with us before applying. After that, we will conduct a series of panel interviews with different members of our team to dive deeper into different aspects of the role. We hope to make a decision and provide an offer by April 2021.
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable application code
- Ensure the highest possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, and Product to ensure we provide a high-quality user experience for clinic staff across our apps and ensure our product scales as our user base grows
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Understand and follow the Engineering Team development's agile process
- Learn and follow CareMessage's coding standards
- Complete a demo of our features and have a working familiarity with their functionality
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Learn the CareMessage product development process and departmental policies and procedures
- Understand the architectural design of projects owned by your team
- Be self-sufficient in completing your tasks and start contributing to your agile team's commitments
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Participate in the technical design of features
- Be able to provide on-call support for your area including systems you are not familiar with
- Begin to focus on attaining expertise in one or more areas that drive value and impact within our engineering team (e.g., performance best practices, efficient use of data stores, etc.)
- You have 3+ years of professional working experience with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- You have 2+ years of experience with either Angular, React, or a similar frontend technology
- You have previous experience working remotely
- You have a proven commitment to building and fostering diversity and inclusion within the teams you have worked with
- You have experience applying agile development frameworks to your work
- You have collaborated with designers and product managers to solve user needs, making technical tradeoffs as necessary to meet delivery deadlines
Flexible work hours as a fully remote team
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
401k retirement plan
Paid parental leave
13 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
Paid time off & 1-month paid sabbatical after 4-year anniversary
15 paid company holidays, including a winter break
Employee Assistance Program
Budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.