Remote - Anywhere
About the Role:
The backend engineering team is looking to add a Backend Software Engineer to their growing team. Member Experience is a top priority for Landing and it all begins with how they interact with our technology product. You’ll help push forward new features and improve the experience for Landing Members and internal teams as well.
This role will contribute to both apps, helping improve user experience for members and hosts, as well as contribute to features and bug fixes. In your first week you will push code and in your first six months you will have owned one large feature from start to finish.
About the Team:
You’ll join a team of talented individuals that are building a startup to improve the way people live and will be able to make all kinds of things happen without limits. The backend engineering team is currently four engineers so you will have a massive opportunity for autonomy and ownership.
What You'll Do:
- Implement new features on hellolanding.com, refactoring existing features, and ensuring our web product is robust, scalable and extensible
- Build out a product that gives Landing users and potential members a top grade experience
- Fixing bugs, writing unit tests, and testable code Distill complex problems into more manageable pieces
- Fixing bugs, writing unit tests, and testable code
- Distill complex problems into more manageable pieces
What You Need:
- Ruby on Rails experience or other MVC framework
- 3+ years of engineer / developer experience
- Experience with continuous integration in mobile app platforms
- Strong affinity for clean code and simple solutions
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
Benefits & Perks:
Landing aims to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Solid compensation package + stock options
- Comprehensive benefits - medical, dental, and vision
- We’ve got you covered with our 401(k) plan
- Feel relaxed with super generous paid-time-off
- Grow with us - opportunities for upward mobility
- Explore & travel comfortably - 7 free nights in a Landing home per year
- Live with Landing - employee perks for temporary or indefinite stays
Landing provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.