Senior Full Stack Engineer (React/Rails)
Remote - Anywhere
As a senior Full Stack Engineer you will design, develop, and deploy large, integral parts of the application. We have a pipeline of features that span all areas of the tech stack, so you should be excited about the possibility of having a big impact on the product. Ideally, you have experience running development processes and/or managing development teams. That won't be required immediately, but would be a big nice-to-have as we scale.
The role is ideal for an engineer with strong attention to detail and a high bar for quality. Demoflow users run demos worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to their companies, so bugs and crashes in critical workflows are not acceptable. Accordingly, the engineer should have experience with test-driven development and modern testing tools.
This engineer will not only have the opportunity to build new product features, but also have the opportunity to help build an engineering team and mentor newer engineers in the future.
Day in the life
- Architect, design, develop, and deploy features across the tech stack.
- Monitor, edit, and scale our infrastructure
- Write automated tests in all areas to ensure we can continue to iterate quickly
- Evaluate third-party tools versus building features “in house”
- Communicate daily progress with the rest of the engineering team
- Interface with Sales and CS teams to ensure we are always working on the most important jobs each day
- Present new ideas and respectfully debate those ideas with the team
- Deliver and receive open, honest, and constructive feedback
- 3+ years production experience with Rails and React
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills
The most important requirement is that you are ready to be challenged, learn, and grow every single day. We are moving incredibly quickly as we build a category-defining product. We operate with transparent communication, honest feedback, and a growth mindset.
To demonstrate your attention to detail, please include your favorite book and author in the header of your cover letter. Some of our favorite books are “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle and “The Infinite Game” by Simon Sinek.
Demoflow is an equal opportunity employer; we are focused on creating an inclusive environment and believe that diversity of all types is essential to our success. We encourage all to apply, and will choose you on the basis of qualifications and merit.