Remote - Anywhere
This position is part of our Engineering Team and is available in the U.S. remotely or in Austin, Texas. Due to the pandemic, our company is currently distributed and intends to remain so until we can ensure our employees would be safe and feel comfortable returning. Pingboard is committed to building an inclusive team with diverse backgrounds and life experiences. We encourage people from groups that are underrepresented in tech to apply!
A typical day in the life of a support engineer goes something like this:
- Start by triaging escalated issues from our customer support team or follow-up information on existing issues
- Jump into troubleshooting customer issues using error logs, server logs, your knowledge of our product, and insight about how the code works
- Fix the problem, let our support team or the customer know about your success
- Collaborate with other developers, designers, or product managers on how to reduce the cost and time necessary to support our application
- Spend some time enhancing our internal tools to give the support team the ability to better diagnose and solve customer issues on their own
You're excited about this role because you'll:
- Take product ownership of our internal support tools
- Learn from an experienced, friendly team of engineers that are invested in your success, and in turn teach others what you know.
- Build scripts, automation, and tooling to resolve the most common issues
- Work closely with Product to prioritize, launch, and communicate bug fixes
- Contribute work and input on our product, as part of growing into a product development role
We're excited about you because:
- You have hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails and database-backed web applications
- You have 1+ years of Technical Support experience, ideally at a fast-paced, B2B, SaaS company
- You’re a natural puzzle-solver with a curious mind that helps you track down the source of a problem
- You have the ability to write scripts to automate daily tasks and love finding ways to improve workflows
- You have experience working successfully on a distributed team
- Please apply even if you don’t meet 100% of these qualifications. If you’re passionate about the opportunity and what we’re doing, we want to meet you
- Experience with React JS
- Experience working with a customer support or success team
To support you in your work, we offer:
- A supportive environment where you can be your authentic self
- An experienced leadership team committed to transparency
- Our office in South Austin, with standing desks and, and a flexible, remote-friendly team if you’re working from home. As we’re currently 100% distributed due to the pandemic, applicants applying locally in the Austin area will remain 100% remote until we all return to the office.
- Competitive salary and equity stake in the company
- Medical & dental coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 company holidays
- Parental leave
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who currently lives and is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.