Software Engineering Lead
Published on September 01, 2023
Fluxon is a product and software development company based out of San Francisco, California. We are founded by a group of ex-Googlers and startup founders who love building great products. We are obsessed with quality and speed, and we love the work we do. Our clients comprise of the most innovative and forward-thinking companies in the world. We only hire the best of the best in the world and we’re looking for amazing people to join our expanding team.
- Lead a team of software engineers through the life of a project, from conception to deployment to end users.
- Engage directly with clients to understand requirements, communicate progress, demo functionality and prototypes, and help resolve production issues.
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies in software engineering to guide technical decisions.
- Learn fast and work independently and reliably.
- Upper-Intermediate level of English.
- Mature software engineer generalist. Strong technical skills and familiarity with a wide range of technologies. Comfortable choosing the appropriate tools and design patterns to solve complex problems, and producing simple and reliable application architectures.
- Excellent communication skills. Capable of effectively communicating with team members, company stakeholders and customers, both written and verbally.
- Expert in modern languages, technologies and web development practices across the whole stack:
- React, Angular, Vue, or other modern frontend frameworks.
- NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, or similar backend frameworks.
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, or other database technologies.
- Familiar with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Heroku or other hosting platforms.
- Experienced with developer operations: release management, testing and monitoring.
- Experienced in other technologies and platforms:
- React Native or other cross platform app development frameworks.
- Native iOS or Android app development.
- Other programming languages (Go, Java, Elixir, Ruby, Python, etc).
- Exposure to high-profile SV startups and enterprise companies.
- Competitive salary.
- Fully remote work with flexible hours.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Profit-sharing program.
- Parental leave, including adoption and fostering.
- Gym membership and tuition reimbursement.
- Hands-on career development.