Ruby Software Engineer
Published on September 01, 2023
At Smart, we're a diverse team, made up of people from different backgrounds, experiences and skills. Our goal is to build great products to help people plan for their financial futures. We’re constantly developing new ideas to help people look after their pension schemes, in the UK and abroad. We’ve grown to a team of over 200 talented people, all dedicated to creating the best experience for our customers. If you think you can help, come and work with us.
- Develop new user facing features.
- Engineering a better code base with your team.
- Work within a smaller 4-6 person agile engineering team, part of a wider Engineering organisation
- Work on tickets assigned to you, this includes writing code and specs (tests) and checking that new code passes other test coverage.
- Review Pull Requests from other developers.
- Work in a collaborative, agile team environment
- Be awesome at what you do best, code!
- Occasionally pair with other Engineers - we have pairing machines
- Directly Report to a Tech Lead who will help mentor you and guide your career
- 2+ years of commercial experience with Ruby, working in a Ruby on rails environment
- Understanding of object-orientated programming
- Desire to work with Domain Driven Design
- Love to work using TDD
- Understanding of relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Understanding of web design patterns
- Previous experience working in a company scaling up is useful, but not essential
- Most importantly, a desire to learn, grow, working with an amazing team and deliver software
- 26 days holiday per year, plus Polish bank holidays. Two extra days holiday – Christmas Eve and New Year Eve
- 2250 PLN personal training budget every year to spend on courses or conferences or training materials
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical care including dental care
- Multisport Plus Package
- Online English lessons (within working hours)