Your career is an investment that grows over time!
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by reimagining what it means to manage your money. Using smart technology, we take financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and make them transparent and low-cost for everyone. We’re the largest fintech company in Canada, with over 3 million users who trust us with more than $20 billion in assets.
Our teams ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas. We're looking for talented people who keep it simple and value collaboration and humility as we continue to create inclusive and high-performing teams where people can be inspired to do their best work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the Team
Wealthsimple needs to be reliable. Our clients literally trust us with their life savings and we are a crucial, high-trust part of their complete financial picture. Our clients have also come to expect new, delightful features and products to be introduced to the Wealthsimple ecosystem regularly. Striking the balance of forward development and reliability is where the Reliability Engineering team specializes.
We empower all service owners to get new features and products into the hands of clients while ensuring that those products are reliable and performant. This role has as much technical influence as cultural influence within our Engineering organization. We only add as much process as is necessary (and never more) and provide developer solutions that augment all Engineering teams within Wealthsimple.
We are part of the Developer Platform Engineering organization and we deliver valuable solutions to other development teams within Wealthsimple.
Skills You Bring:
- We ensure that all development teams are well supported from a reliability perspective through tooling, process, automation, and culture.
- While many of our responsibilities define best practices, we aim to embed knowledge, skills, and approaches within all teams. We use leverage and guardrails to help teams deliver reliable products to Wealthsimple clients.
- We define and automate our incident response process and standardize our company-wide approach to handling incidents.
- We provide tooling and support for measuring reliability to teams using Service Level Objectives (SLOs), monitoring, and alerting.
- We proactively strengthen our overall platform using conditioning exercises like load testing, failure injection, chaos engineering, and experiments.
- We interface with product teams, infrastructure teams, and developer tooling teams to ensure everyone prioritizes reliability.
- We spend time exploring problem areas to develop opinions. We are informed by product teams and we deliver tools and automation back to those teams in order to make reliability everyone’s concern.
Nice to Haves:
- You have some experience developing software in any language.
- You are able to clearly and effectively communicate internally and explain technical decisions and trade-offs.
- You have some experience building, evolving, and maintaining large, reliable, and scalable systems.
- You embrace mentorship both as a mentor and a mentee. You have a strong willingness to learn.
- You enjoy digging into hard-to-solve problems throughout the stack. You are curious and thrive on learning.
- Hands-on experience managing technological incidents and/or service disruptions.
- Some experience in site reliability engineering (SRE) and basic reliability concepts.
- Exposure to load testing, stress testing, and performance testing.
- Knowledge or experience with chaos engineering
🤑 Competitive Salary with top-tier health benefits and life insurance
📈 Retirement savings matching plan using Wealthsimple Work
🌴 20 vacation days per year and unlimited sick and mental health days
📚 Up to $1500 per year towards wellness and professional development budgets respectively
🛫 90 days away program: Employees can work internationally in eligible countries for up to 90 days per calendar year
🌎A wide variety of peer and company-led employee resource groups (ie. Rainbow, Women of Wealthsimple, Black @ WS) Employee Resource Groups
💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
We’re a remote-first team, with over 1000 employees coast to coast in North America. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know, and we will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. We are continuously working to improve our accessibility practices and welcome any feedback or suggestions on how we can better accommodate candidates with accessibility needs.