Senior Software Engineer - ROR
Published on September 05, 2023
Diligent is the global leader in modern governance, providing SaaS solutions across governance, risk, compliance, audit and ESG. Empowering more than 1 million users and 700,000 board members and leaders with a holistic view of their organization’s GRC practices so they can make better decisions, faster. No matter the challenge.
At Diligent, you are an agent of positive change. You are joining a team of passionate, smart, creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place. Be a part of a global community on a mission to make a real impact.
Learn more at diligent.com.
Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. We do that by creating Security, Risk management, Compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, environmental risk, and abuse in their organizations. Our collaborative R&D teams use Serverless AWS technologies to build our SaaS platform and tackle strategic business challenges, creating highly impactful solutions for today and for our future to support Modern Governance.
- Develop, and maintain robust, scalable, and performant web applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-tested code following best practices and coding standards.
- Collaborate with the team members, stakeholders, and deliver features on time.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure code quality and maintainability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application performance, security, and scalability.
- Continuously find improvement areas and optimize existing codebase.
- Stay updated with the latest trends, tools, and technologies in Ruby on Rails development and apply them to enhance our applications.
- Work closely with frontend developers to integrate backend functionalities with the user interface.
- Perform deployments and maintenance of applications in production environments.
- Write and maintain technical documentation for projects and features.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, with 4-8 years of experience in IT field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a Ruby on Rails developer.
- Proficiency in Ruby language and the Rails framework, including best practices and conventions.
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar.
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and web services.
- Knowledge of programming languages like Scala, Python, Java, or Node.js.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks for writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Knowledge of Agile/Kanban methodologies and experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, global days of service, comprehensive health benefits, meeting free days, generous time off policy and wellness programs to name a few
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, Singapore, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., Baltimore, London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and Know Your Rights. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.