Ruby on Rails Data Engineer
Published on September 08, 2023
Terminal 49 is on a mission to simplify global trade. Terminal 49’s online platform gives importers, trucking companies, and brokers complete visibility into end-to-end trade operations and container movements. Our product helps importers track all ocean shipments, collaborate with multiple trucking companies on deliveries, get real-time container and SKU-level ETAs, pay vendors and more - all from one place. We also provide a last-mile container delivery service. We combine our operational expertise with our software to provide our customers greater control, less friction, and a lower price point, while we handle the complexities of container delivery.
- Define and implement QC and test coverage processes for improved data quality to build trust in millions of data points from hundreds of sources.
- Help ensure high performance across our APIs
- Improve and deliver data pipelines to serve our customers mission-critical data on time.
- Implement document recognition experience to automate tedious manual entry
- Ruby on Rails
- Highly experienced and comfortable with data-heavy migration and integration projects
- Skilled in creating consistent, thorough documentation
- Alignment with our core values: Terminal49 Values
- You care deeply about well-crafted products and architecture
- You can take an idea → wireframes → production ready code
- You like talking to customers and building a product that’s going to improve their business outcomes.
- You are excited to collaborate with everyone on the team—whether they are other engineers, customer-facing, etc. You believe inspiration can come from anywhere
- You have a “can do” attitude and are comfortable making decisions to unblock yourself or others
- Desire to learn the ins and outs of global container logistics
- Strong written and verbal English skills to communicate with our international team
- Located in North or South America
- Leadership: You’ve led projects and mentored other team members
- Python: You’ve implemented projects in python or have familiarity with libraries like Pandas and Numpy.
- Machine Learning: You’ve made significant contributions to machine learning projects in a professional context
- High Trust & High Performance Culture (Our Values)
- Fully Remote & Schedule Agnostic
- Holidays & Sick Leave + Flexible Vacation Time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K plan Dependent care
- FSA (employee premium paid by us)
- Wellness Stipend
- Equity Opportunities
For US employees, the compensation range is $140,000 - $200,000. When hiring internationally, we use the US range as a starting point and then adjust for relevant market factors as applicable.