Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best articles online. More than 225 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. We design, build and distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this team and role:
Fakespot is now part of Mozilla, where our mission to bring trust and transparency back to the eCommerce space is now aligned with ensuring the Internet is a global resource, open and accessible to all. Fakespot leverages machine learning and other state-of-the-art technologies to automatically filter out spurious reviews of products and vendors so consumers can make informed purchasing decisions based on real feedback by real people. We are looking for a mid-level engineer to join the Fakespot team within Mozilla.
What is a Senior Software Engineer at Mozilla?
A Senior Software Engineer is the next level from a Software Engineer. At Mozilla, this role can vary, but is typically someone who is largely self directed after work is assigned and is advanced in their domain. They help team members get information they need to be successful while also being the go-to person for peer reviews in their domain. They have a solid understanding of the product strategy and can recommend solutions to critical issues when needed, assist junior engineers in risk management and escalation, and advocate for and implement changes that affect their team. A Senior Software Engineer actively seeks opinions and ideas from their team members, including those with varied experiences and perspectives to improve more collective results.
What you’ll do:
- Creating robust, scalable, highly loaded applications
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing applications
- Identifying and fixing bottlenecks and bugs
- Maintaining and expanding APIs
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Excellent learning ability
- Ability to write efficient algorithms, and clean code
- Good knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Experience working with Sidekiq, RSpec and other common RoR libraries
- Working knowledge of Git, Docker
- Good knowledge of full stack web development
- Commitment to our values:
- Being relationship-minded
- Practicing responsible participation
Bonus Points for…
- Golang, Python, Kubernetes deployments
- Working with high traffic systems
- Background processing experience
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all regular employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. - varies by country)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected]
to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2195
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Canada Tier 1 Locations
Canada Tier 2 Locations