Published on October 28, 2023
Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
As an Engineering Manager overseeing 6 to 9 direct reports, you will foster unified teams and align our strategic goals. Your emphasis on fairness and collaboration propels team success within the broader company landscape. The "we win together" mindset is ingrained in your approach. You establish sturdy development foundations, empower teams, and adapt with precision. Your unwavering dedication to product excellence and adept navigation of market shifts characterize you.
- Guide with empathy, fostering collaboration and a sense of belonging. Shape and maintain a vibrant team culture.
- Create workflows that support well-being and collaboration within the culture.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with team members.
- Facilitate and support the development of our architectural and technical vision through collaboration with the teams.
- Ensure Engineering, Design and Product Management efforts are aligned. Facilitate communication within and outside of the team.
- Support personal growth of direct reports. Foster an inclusive team environment, ensuring that all voices are valued and encourage the exploration of different points of view.
- Ensure a streamlined software development process is maintained: CI/CD, merge request procedures and guidelines, strategic utilization of feature flags, utilization of DevOps Research and Assessment metrics (DORA).
- Drive a culture of lean software development that prioritizes learning by doing, delights our customers, continuously improves, while embracing our core values.
- Technical background to manage software development lifecycles efficiently. Demonstrated 2-4 years experience managing software projects and developers from intern to technical leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to balance short-term and long-term perspectives for effective planning. Provide and execute a strategic vision for product development. . Solve problems strategically and ensure they don’t continue to happen and disrupt the team.
- Proficient communication skills to nurture collaboration and promote alignment.
- Proven track record of developing and motivating team members to achieve their career goals.
- Skilled in identifying and managing risks within the team and projects.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive.
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans.
- Parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program. Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year. Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.